From the moment you decide to be a parent, you'll be doing some of the most challenging but rewarding work you may ever do. After walking alongside hundreds of families in Cincinnati, Ohio and across the nation, I believe the key to a fulfilled pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and/or parenting experience is that:
- Parents must always take care of themselves and allow themselves to be cared for by others. Parents can not give from a depleted source. When parents are healthy, whole, and a balanced, they are more available for their families.
- Nature has equipped parents with the ability to provide everything their children need to become empathetic, intelligent, well-adjusted adults. Parents must listen to their intuitive wisdom by shutting off the noise and trusting what they feel is best for their family.
- Parent–child relationships are improved when parents bring a present-moment awareness to their parenting that includes listening with full attention, emotional awareness, non-judgmental acceptance, and practicing self-regulation, compassion, and patience.
- Each child is a unique being, and should be nurtured towards finding their own identity and purpose in life.
I founded The Family Hive because I believe parents and children deserve community, support, and encouragement. Our mission is to elevate parenthood by creating peaceful environments for parents and their children to feel nurtured, whole, and mindul.
Hi, I'm Emily
I'm a mother of four, a Clinical Herbalist, Pregnancy, Birth, + Postpartum Doula now studying Midwifery, a Mindfulness Practitioner, an Usui Reiki Master, and a studying Naturalist.
Education + Training Highlights:
- Clinical Herbalism through Professional Apprenticeships and Herbal Academy of New England
- Academics of Midwifery with Ancient Arts Midwifery Institution
- Ayurvedic Postnatal Doula with Newborn Mothers Certified
- Early Childhood Education
- Psychic Development Private Mentorship
- Folk Herbalism through Traditions and Wisdom Shared
- Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula Training
- Crystal Healing Practitioner Certified
- Birth Arts International Birth Doula Training
- Birth Arts International Childbirth Education Training
- International Placenta & Postpartum Association Placenta Encapsultation Specialist Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certified
- State of Ohio Food Safety Certified
- CAPPA Labor Doula Training
- Usui Reiki Level I, II, and Master Certified
- International Association of Birth Photography Membership
- Evidence Based Birth Membership
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certified
- How to Help Families Get Evidence Based Care Training with Evidence Based Birth
- Indie Birth Doula Project
- Undisturbed Birth Training with Dr Sarah Buckley
- Complete Tarot Reading Workshop
- Matriz y Concha Summit