Stretching worldwide and dating back centuries is the universal wisdom that postpartum care during the weeks following birth should be given so the parents have the opportunity to heal, rest and bond with their baby. However, in our fast-paced modern society where parents are often encouraged and celebrated for 'bouncing back', we overlook the deep and lasting impact overexertion after childbirth can have.
The first 6 weeks following the birth of your baby is a time of amazing intensity and transition. It is a period of physical, spiritual, and emotional adjustment like no other. It's an opportunity for you to lay the groundwork for your future health and vitality giving you the energy required to nurture your baby during their fourth trimester and beyond, and to become the parent you always imagined you'd be.
Specializing in Ayurveda, my role as your postpartum doula is to provide you and your family with the support, guidance, and information you deserve to ensure that this transformational time is both nurturing and empowering.
Cincinnati Postpartum Doula
- Birth debriefing
- Ayurvedic healing food preparation and education
- Herbal bath preparation
- Belly binding information and assistance
- Massage information and instruction for mother and baby
- Newborn care demonstration including soothing, bathing, swaddling, feeding
- Support with helping older siblings adjust to the new baby
- Recommendations for other services and support in the greater Cincinnati + Dayton areas
- 4 professionally documented and edited images of you and your baby per visit
Postpartum packages range from 3 hours of support up to 6 weeks of dedicated postpartum care as detailed above. I am happy to tailor a package to suit the unique needs of you and your family.