Thank you for your interest in contributing to Wise + Wild.
Please note our Terms and Conditions. In particular:
- All work submitted must be written by you or the writer you represent.
- We do not publish articles that have been published, in whole or in part, elsewhere.
- Please do not submit articles that are currently pending with another publication.
- Although we may express interest in receiving an article, the final decision about whether it will actually be published will not be made until it has been reviewed.
- We do not pay for content. You will receive one copy of the article featuring your piece . All writers also have a bio with their article where websites may be listed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
If you submit an article to Wise + Wild, you are deemed to accept all of the following terms and conditions:
- All work submitted must be written by you or the writer you represent. You must be the sole copyright holder for each article you submit. By submitting material, you acknowledge that you are legally entitled to distribute the work and to allow it to be redistributed. If you are a public relations firm or book publisher with copy to distribute, please include a note to that effect at the top of the article you submit.
- Articles should be Microsoft Word (or compatible) documents, the word count a maximum of 1200 words.
- Although we may express interest in receiving an article, the final decision about whether an article will actually be published will not be made until it has been reviewed. We reserve the right to publish or reject articles. The editor must ensure that articles reflect Wise + Wild's ethos.
- We reserve the right to edit articles.
- We do not publish articles that have been or may be published elsewhere, in whole or in part, unless by prior agreement.
- Please do not submit articles that are currently being considered for publication elsewhere. The editor will respond promptly so that, if your article is not considered appropriate, you will then be able to submit it elsewhere.
- We reserve the right for articles, artwork and images used in the print magazine to be published anywhere on our website, blog, syndicate through RSS or link via social media websites. We may also change where material appears, including the category, at any time. As we receive many articles, we may ask to keep your article on hold for a future issue. Should you agree to the editor holding your article on file in this way, you may not then offer the article, part of the article or a similar article, to another publication, in print or on-line.
WHEN YOUR ARTICLE HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR PUBLICATION
Once it is agreed that your article will be published in Wise + Wild magazine, in print or online, you agree to the following:
- For publication of a feature, you will receive one copy of the issue featuring your piece.
- We reserve the right not to publish your article for any reason given by the editor.
- Once your article is published we require that:
- The article is not republished elsewhere without the express permission of the Wise + Wild editor.
- Any article that is republished elsewhere credits the Issue of Wise + Wild where it was first published, with a link if appropriate.
- If your article appears solely on the Wise + Wild website, you have the right to:
- Link to the article from your blog or website.
- Use a photo from the feature in a blog post with a link back to the Wise + Wild website.
- Publish this piece on your own blog or website two months after the publication date, provided you maintain a link back to the original published piece on Wise + Wild, with the publication date and the words “Reprinted with the permission of Wise + Wild magazine” clearly visible.
- By consenting to your article being published in Wise + Wild, in print or online, you confirm that:
- Any verse, song lyrics, or other content not written by yourself is either public domain, or you have express right to publish this content.
- You have provided proper attribution to any and all other work included in your piece. In accordance with fair use, please limit direct attributions of non-public domain work to 300 words or less, or two lines of poetry or verse.
- You give Wise + Wild the consent to publish your article, or any excerpt of your article, in print or online, for the duration of the magazine’s existence.
- You agree to indemnify Wise + Wild from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any breach of these Terms and Conditions (including negligent or wrongful conduct).
ILLUSTRATIONS & IMAGES
- Any photographs or illustrations used are your own work, or you have gained the artist’s permission for use and have provided us with details of who to credit. The standard Wise + Wild credit is name plus website, so please inform the editor if you require a different credit.
- You have permission for images of any children in the photographs to be used. Copyright for any illustrations used in Wise + Wild, in print or on-line, will remain with the artist.